Exterior decoration of the Chapel

Author: 
Year: 
1858
Origin: 
Inventory: 
MR 460
Collection: 

The exterior decoration consists of gilded silver-plated copper cladding made by Christofle, and reliefs and  sculptures created by Godin with three angels on each side with the attributes distinguishing the theological virtues: Faith, Hope and Charity, and four griffons at the corners.

The hall

The environment that today is dedicated to the exposition of Pope Pius IX’s train wagons was originally a sector of the Boiler Room n. 2 of the Montemartini thermoelectric plant.